I’m posting a big thank you to Laura Lee Anderson today for nominating me for the Kreativ Blogger Award. You can trust her judgment: her first book, Bleeder, has a pretty awesome pitch, and it’s safe to say she knows a thing or two about creativity. I highly recommend you check it out!
She unofficially renamed this the “Creative Blooger” award, and I thought maybe I should call it “Le Blogueur Créative” in deference to my roots, but I think this poor award has been through enough already so I’ll just get on with it.
Anyway, there are some rules to follow: 1) Thank the person who nominated you 2) Say seven things about yourself (we’ll see in a bit if there actually are seven things about me) 3) Nominate seven other people.
The seven things:
- I drink Earl Grey tea exclusively (that is, exclusive of all other teas, not exclusive of all other liquids).
- I don’t have a dog, but when I get one I’m going to name him Hooper (after Matt Hooper, of course, from Jaws).
- I was originally a math major and my grades in math have always been better than my grades in English. This bodes well for the quality of my blog, I know.
- When I was five I ate a pretzel off the ground. Note: I did not drop it, pick it up, and eat it — I was walking, found it, and ate it.
- Humming the Harry Potter theme makes me bowl better.
- I don’t like U2. (How does ‘The Edge’ call himself ‘The Edge’ with a straight face?)
- In high school I was in a band called Funk Bus. Our t-shirts were better than our music.
And now the all-important nominations:
Hearty congratulations all around! In addition to this great honor, you have earned the right to post this picture on your site, a badge of particularly floral merit. Wear it proudly!